Intake Worker – Pittston Office
The Intake Worker position at North Penn is the first point of contact for individuals who may need legal help. Screeners must gather pertinent information from the caller to determine if their legal need fits into our guidelines.
This position is critical to the flow of new cases that come into our offices. The skills necessary for this position are good interviewing skills, the ability to enter data and notes into our computer software, and the ability to reference and interpret the intake guidelines. We need caring individuals who can gather information through telephone interviews and stay focused. The best candidates for this type of position have worked in some sort of social service and desire to work in an office environment. We have dedicated attorneys and paralegals on our staff and we need the intake worker to balance out our staff. North Penn employs a number of intake workers in our 20-county program working in different offices. This position will be located in Pittston. If you think you might be right for this position, we encourage you to apply.
- Primary duties include screening callers for eligibility for services.
- Require proficient telephone skills and use of database software, with training, as well as word processing ability.
- Opportunity to work in law office setting.
- Some travel for training purposes may be required.
- Minimum education is high school diploma. Two year post-secondary training desirable.
- Interviewing, customer service or social services experience helpful.
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful.
- Salary with two years’ experience is $14.90 per hour plus .55 per hour if Spanish speaker. Salary DOE. Credit for relevant work experience.
- Please reply to email@example.com. Include a cover letter and resume. Resumes accepted until position filled.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ref. PittstonIntakeNov2021
- Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter explaining your interest in this position along with a resume.