Intake Worker – Stroudsburg Office
North Penn Legal Services (NPLS) seeks an intake worker interested in joining the staff in Stroudsburg.
North Penn Legal Services (NPLS) is the regional civil legal services provider in Northeast Pennsylvania. We are a Pennsylvania non-profit organization with a mission to provide professional legal representation, advocacy, and community legal education to low-income individuals and families. We seek staff who are committed to civil legal justice issues and helping clients resolve cases related to housing, public benefits, employment issues, family law, and other areas of public interest law. NPLS maintains staff in nine offices across twenty counties, and outreach to all counties.
About the Role of Intake Worker
The Intake Worker position at North Penn is the first point of contact for individuals who may need legal help. Screeners must gather pertinent information from the caller to determine if their legal need fits into our guidelines.
This position is critical to the flow of new cases that come into our offices. The skills necessary for this position are good interviewing skills, the ability to enter data and notes into our computer software, and the ability to reference and interpret the intake guidelines. We need caring individuals who can gather information through telephone interviews and stay focused. The best candidates for this type of position have worked in some sort of social service and desire to work in an office environment. We have dedicated attorneys and paralegals on our staff and we need the intake worker to compassionately assist our program through the screening, referral and application process. North Penn employs a number of intake workers in our 20-county program working in different offices. Our preference is to locate this intake worker position in our Stroudsburg office. If you think you might be right for this position, we encourage you to apply.
Intake Worker, Stroudsburg Office
- Primary duties include screening callers for eligibility for services.
- Require proficient telephone skills and use of database software, with training, as well as word processing ability.
- Opportunity to work in law office setting.
- Some travel for training purposes may be required.
- Minimum education is high school diploma. Two-year post-secondary training desirable.
- Interviewing, customer service or social services experience helpful.
- Bilingual in Spanish encouraged.
- Position will be primarily in office for three month training introductory period and then hybrid remote options possible.
- Salary with two years’ credited experience is $18.41 plus .55 per hour if Spanish speaker. Salary DOE. Credit for relevant work experience.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ref. StroudsburgIntakeNov2023
What to Include in Your Application
Include a statement explaining your interest in this position along with a resume. North Penn values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, people who have experienced poverty or homelessness and people who have had prior contact with the juvenile, criminal, or child welfare systems to apply.