Legal Secretary – Towanda Office
North Penn Legal Services (NPLS) seeks a legal secretary interested in joining the staff in Towanda. NPLS serves twenty counties where our advocates provide direct representation, community outreach, and serve on local community groups. Support for advocacy work comes from all NPLS’ nine offices and an established statewide network.
The Towanda office is staffed by three attorneys and one paralegal.
NPLS adheres to CDC COVID safety guidelines.
Legal Secretary, part-time, non-benefits, Towanda, PA
- Position includes all support staff duties: legal secretarial, client intake and receptionist.
- Individual will receive training to screen callers for eligibility and to use case management system for calendar and client records
- Individual will use MS Word and Hot Docs for document preparation.
- Require proficiency in word processing. Knowledge of legal terminology and principles desirable.
- Prefer candidate with several years of legal secretarial experience.
- Salary DOE, approx. min. $14.90 to $15.67 per hour
- Ref. TowandaPT
- Resumes accepted until position filled.
What to Include in your application:
Please reply to email@example.com. Include a cover letter and resume. North Penn values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, people who have experienced poverty or homelessness and people who have had prior contact with the juvenile, criminal, or child welfare systems to apply.
Except as required by Sections 1006(b)(6) and 1007(a)(8) of the Legal Services Corporation Act, and Part 1616 of the Corporation Regulations, when any position for employment is available, North Penn Legal Services will seek qualified applicants without regard to color, sex, race, religion, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran’s status or any other consideration prohibited by law and will actively recruit diverse candidates for employment. October 2021