Staff Attorney – Hazleton Office
North Penn Legal Services (NPLS) seeks staff who are interested in becoming part of a regional team focused on creating access to justice for low-income residents in northern and eastern Pennsylvania. NPLS maintains staff in 13 locations in 20 counties where our advocates provide direct representation in local, state and federal courts; community outreach; and serve with local community groups. Advocacy work is enhanced by program- and state-wide collaboration.
The Hazleton office serves clients in Luzerne and Carbon counties. The office has an opening for an attorney to join a staff comprised of an attorney and paralegal.
- Attorney will represent clients in variety of civil cases including but not limited to housing, consumer, employment, family law including Protection from Abuse Cases, and poverty law issues including public benefits.
- Advocacy will include client representation in magisterial district justice court and court of common pleas.
- Attorney will provide clients with representation in state and federal courts and administrative proceedings.
- Desire applicants with recent bar admission to three years in practice. Salary approx. $49,120 to $53,920 or more DOE.
- Preference for attorneys who have a demonstrated commitment to public interest work.
- Applicants will be evaluated on their oral, writing and advocacy skills as well as prior experience.
- PA Bar or by admission required.
- Inter-county travel.
- Competitive fringe benefits including generous paid leave, health insurance and 401(k) plan.
- Frequent opportunities for professional growth and development through local, state and national trainings.
- Access to loan repayment assistance and loan forgiveness programs.
- Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reference: HazletonAttorneyNov2021