Staff Attorneys Needed – Multiple Locations
North Penn Legal Services (NPLS) is the regional civil legal services provider in Northeast Pennsylvania. We are a Pennsylvania non-profit organization with a mission to provide professional legal representation, advocacy, and community legal education to low-income individuals and families. We seek staff who are committed to civil legal justice issues and helping clients resolve cases related to housing, public benefits, employment issues, family law, and other areas of public interest law. NPLS maintains staff in nine offices across twenty counties, and outreach to all counties.
NPLS adheres to CDC COVID safety guidelines.
Note: a significant portion of the compensation paid to our staff is employer paid benefits. Contact us to obtain details.
Attorneys Needed – Multiple Locations
We are eager to fill openings in these locations:
- Bethlehem Office – Northampton and Lehigh Counties
- Pittston Office – Luzerne County
- Bloomsburg – Columbia and Montour Counties
- Attorneys will represent clients in variety of civil cases, including but not limited to housing, landlord-tenant and consumer cases, including mortgage foreclosure cases and will practice in state and federal courts and in administrative proceedings. Attorneys will also conduct workshops and outreaches for clients and community partners.
- Applicants will be evaluated on their oral and written advocacy skills as well as prior
- experience ideally with a demonstrated commitment to public interest work.
- The salary for attorneys with one to five years in practice ranges from $53,670 to
- $58,470 DOE. We will consider recent law school graduates as well as attorneys with more
- Other criteria include PA Bar or by admission and some inter-county travel.
- Please submit writing samples.
- In addition to a strong benefits and leave program, we offer opportunities for professional growth and development through local, state and national training and access to several loan repayment programs as well as PSLF loan forgiveness.
What to Include in Your Application
Please reply to email@example.com. Include an explanation describing your interest in public interest law and your experience advocating for low income people through employment and volunteer work. North Penn values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, people who have experienced poverty or homelessness and people who have had prior contact with the juvenile, criminal, or child welfare systems to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Except as required by Sections 1006(b) (6) and 1007(a)(8) of the Legal Services Corporation Act, and Part 1616 of the Corporation Regulations, when any position for employment is available, North Penn Legal Services will seek qualified applicants without regard to color, sex, race, religion, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran’s status or any other consideration prohibited by law and will actively recruit diverse candidates for employment.