Staff Attorney – Bethlehem Office
North Penn Legal Services (NPLS) seeks staff who are interested in becoming part of a regional team focused on creating access to justice for low-income residents in northern and eastern Pennsylvania. NPLS maintains staff in 13 locations in 20 counties where our advocates provide direct representation in local, state and federal courts; community outreach; and serve with local community groups. Advocacy work is enhanced by program- and state-wide collaboration.
The Bethlehem office serves clients in Lehigh and Northampton counties. The office has an opening for an attorney to join a staff of 13 attorneys and seven paralegals.
- Attorney will represent clients in variety of civil cases, including but not limited to housing, landlord-tenant and consumer cases, including mortgage foreclosure cases.
- Advocacy will include client representation in magisterial district justice court and court of common pleas.
- Attorney will provide clients with representation in state and federal courts and administrative proceedings.
- Attorneys will also conduct workshops and outreaches for clients and community partners.
- Desire applicants with one to five years in practice, salary $49,120 to $53,920. DOE
- Desire candidates who have experience in above areas and a demonstrated commitment to public interest work.
- Applicants will be evaluated on their oral, writing and advocacy skills as well as prior experience.
- PA Bar or by admission required.
- Ability to speak Spanish helpful.
- Inter-county travel.
- Competitive fringe benefits including generous paid leave, health insurance and 401(k) plan.
- Frequent opportunities for professional growth and development through local, state and national trainings.
- Access to loan repayment assistance and loan forgiveness programs.
- Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications with a cover letter as well as a resume will be given preference.
- Reference: BethlehemAttorneyNov2021