Staff Attorney – Sunbury Office
We have an immediate opening for an attorney with a general focus to work in our Sunbury office. This office serves Northumberland, Snyder and Union counties. The attorney hired for this position will join an attorney and two paralegals plus support staff, pro bono and judicare attorneys in the provision of legal services.
- Attorney will represent clients in variety of civil cases including but not limited to housing, consumer, employment, family law including Protection from Abuse Cases, and poverty law issues including public benefits.
- Advocacy will include client representation in magisterial district justice court and court of common pleas.
- Attorney will provide clients with representation in state and federal courts and administrative proceedings.
- Preference for attorneys who have a demonstrated commitment to public interest work.
- Attorneys bilingual in English and Spanish encouraged to apply.
- Applicants will be evaluated on their oral, writing and advocacy skills as well as prior experience.
- PA Bar or by admission.
- Inter-county travel.
- Desire applicants with two+ years in practice. Salary DOE, starting at approx. $50,320. Will consider recently barred attorneys.
- Competitive fringe benefits including generous paid leave, health insurance and 401(k) plan. Employer bears most of the expense for benefits.
- Frequent opportunities for professional growth and development through local, state and national trainings.
- This is a public interest position that may qualify for loan repayment assistance through the Legal Services Corporation, PA IOLTA, law schools as well as PSLF (Public Service Loan Forgiveness).
- Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter and resume.
- Ref. AttorneySunburyDec.2021